Mountains should be respected – they are beautiful but unpredictable entities. Mt Rinjani is no different, albeit with the additional caveat that it is, in fact, an active volcano! The importance of equipment has been acknowledged for as long as people have been climbing mountains. Rinjani Dawn Adventures offers decent equipment for all of our packages and expeditions. We use the long-established and environmentally conscious company of Lafuma for our tents, and have custom made sleeping mattresses which are both waterproof and thick.
The camping, cooking, and safety equipment, are all carried up the mountain by our incredible porters.
What to bring:
When you book a trek with us we provide a detailed list of things we suggest you bring. These items do not amount to much, and will fit in a small light day-pack. Recommended items include:
- Torch or Flashlight (We recommend a head-torch)
- Insect repellent
- Sun glasses
- Sun cream
- Hat (one to protect from the sun, one to keep warm on the summit)
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 shirts / T’s
- Warm clothing including gloves (for night-time and summit)
- Swimming Gear & small towel (for bathing in the thermal springs)
- Any personal medication
- Water-bottle (we provide water, but there are also fresh water streams on the trek)
- Muscle balm / anti-inflammatories. (We carry a first-aid kit for emergencies)
- We have a limited amount of equipment you can borrow, free of charge. This includes a head-torch and waterproof poncho. Please enquire about this prior to being collected on the day your trek begins.
- Luggage can be left in our office in Senaru (securely locked) free of charge.
- A personal porter to carry your bag is a service we offer (at additional cost)
- A small amount of cash or unwanted trekking gear is recommended, should you wish to tip the porters.
- All personal rubbish must be taken off the mountain.